This Week in Amateur Radio #761
Topics Amateur Radio
, Ham Radio
, Leo Laporte
, morse code
, federal communications commission
Stories covered and special features in This Weeks edition:
01. Motorola proposes to buy a controlling internet in Vertex Standard.
02. FCC tells uncoordinated repeater operator to resolve interference to a
nearby coordinated system.
03. WRC-2007 Week Three: HF Broadcasting leaves empty handed, no 5mHz
allocation for amateur radio.
04. Ham radio provides communications as floods ravage parts of Mexico.
05. K3TUP finds a possible cure of some types of cancer.
06. FCC tells mid-west amateur that he needs a license to broadcast.
07. Hams activate as Hurricane Noel skirts the northeastern United States.
08. Radio Shack may be preparing to re-enter the amateur radio marketplace.
09. The 2007 ARRL Frequency Measuring Test is set for this month.
10. Ham radio project will put D-STAR communications on your shack computer.
11. A Florida amateur, and an LPFM station, battle their county over antenna
12. The FCC writes to two amateur operators in Arizona.
13. A new Section Manager is appointed in the ARRL San Diego section.
14. Amateur Radio World News Round-Up
- AFRICA - THE INTERNT EXPANDS
- 70 mHz TO BE AVAILABLE TO ALL EIRE RADIO AMATEURS
- 5 mHz ALLOCATED TO EIRE AMATEURS
- GERMAN TV STATION TO BROADCAST 24/7 IN DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1
- NEW ZEALAND BROADCASTER CONVICTED OF UNLICENSED TRANSMISSIONS
- NEW NORTH AMERICA 10GHz DISTANCE RECORD
15. Fred Maia, W5YI, issues a special report on the US amateur population.
16. Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO from AMSAT-NA.
17. A Mayday signal is tracked to a scrap yard in Ireland.
18. Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP.
19. The FCC will hold public forums on the license renewal of WWOR-TV.
20. TWIAR QSL Cards are now available. Why don't you have yours?
21. Special event station listings.
22. The Gateway 160 Meter Net Report on Upcoming Contests and Conventions.
23. Weekly propagation report.
24. The Random Access File with Bill Baran, N2FNH. "45 Meter Free Band"
25. 500 kilohertz experimental operations enter their second year.
25. The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY.
25. The AARP endorses the amateur radio hobby for its members.
26. Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte.
27. Courage Handi-Ham System Update with Pat Tice, WA0TDA.
28. The US Senate votes to ban pre-texting.
29. Copper thefts continue as bandits strike a California television station.
30. Paul Tibbets, K4KVZ, the ham who dropped the first atomic bomb, SK.
31. Microsoft re-works XP to work on old computers, for refurbishers.
32. Clear Channel is fined by the FCC, but retains station licenses.
33. Do You Have A QSL Card From Leon Faber?
Thanks to Fred Moses and TCWireless for their support of This Week in Amateur Radio and TWIAR International